Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Rise and Fall of Derek Cowell

 Hi, my name is Derek Cowell.

You might remember me from when I was popular.
Before that, I was invisible. And after.. well, that's a long story.

I never expected to become popular. It just sort of happened.
An accidental photobomb, a chance encounter with a real live celebrity, and suddenly, I was somebody.

These things never last, though, unless you help them along.
That's where I ran into trouble.



  
Reviewed in Atlantic Books Today 
 
Award News for this book:
 
Shortlisted for the 2021 Red Maple Award! 

Shortlisted for the 2022 MYRCA Northern Lights
 
 

2 comments:

Alyson said...

This seems like it would be a perfect book for my son who doesn't like to read (at all). What age group would you say it's most geared towards? Not that it matters, I suppose, at 41 I'd like to read it, too! Lol

Valerie Sherrard said...

This story is generally suited for middle grades but a lot depends on the reader. I like to think Derek's 'rise and fall' is fun for anyone MG and up. :)